Knowledge is best acquired through experience.
Balance this with academic achievement and you have a formidable resource.
As a parent, there is an innate connection with your children’s diet. Establishing healthy habits, building vitality and creating a solid foundation for her childrens’ future drove Helen to further study.
Having achieved a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, with the University Medal upon graduation, Helen is currently completing her Masters of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Canberra.
Overlaying this in-depth study with her personal and practical history of dietary related issues, and an innate interest and passion in nutrition, Helen has established a synergistic practice offering pragmatic and scientific guidance for nutrition and diet.
Nutrition is not something that can be successfully treated autonomously. It needs to be diagnosed and treated from a holistic perspective. Working collaboratively with your team at Colour City Medical Practice Helen will help you achieve and maintain a balanced nutritional state by analysing and assessing the multiple factors that can contribute to your health.
These include stress, lifestyle, genetics, food intake, disease or underlying disorders, trauma, gut health, environmental pollutants and chemicals, and modern food processing techniques and additives.
As well as general weight loss (from a Non-diet / Health at Every Size approach) and nutritional deficiencies, Helen has particular interest in;
- Children’s behavioural and feeding issues
- ADD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Picky and fussy eating
- Food intolerances and allergies
- FODMAPs, Coeliac disease
- IBS and gut dysfunction
- IBS, IBD (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis), SIBO, parasites
- Short bowel syndrome and Stoma management
- Women’s health
- peri-menopause, menopause
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Autoimmune disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Nutritional Support through Cancer treatment and Recovery
- Sports Nutrition
- Eating disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Other Specified Eating and Feeding Disorders
- Body Image Concerns and Weight Management Psychology