Do you live with a health condition that requires you to change your eating? Do you have food intolerances, IBS, coeliac disease or unexplained symptoms like eczema, headaches and and sinus and you suspect food might be a cause? Has your doctor or another health professional told you that changing your diet would help you manage a chronic health condition? Or do you simply want to feel more energetic, improve your mood, sleep and perhaps lower your cholesterol along the way? There are so many reasons why you might want to see a dietitian – with weight loss being another.
My philosophy is based on healthy eating principles that supports you to eat intuitively, while focusing on self-care, self-compassion and nourishing your body in every way.
Client-centred, collaborative Nutrition Services
I Am a University trained Nutritionist and Dietitian with a Bachelor of Science (Uni Medal) and Master’s of Nutrition and Dietetics. I am incredibly fortunate to have established my dietetics practice within a Medical Practice in Orange as this provides me with the Medical support and knowledge of a busy and thriving general practice. Although located within Colour City Medical Practice, I accept referrals from and work with all General Practitioners. I also provide Private Rebates and am registered with all private health funds.
Because everyone is an individual and no two lives or households are the same, there is not 1 diet or diet plan that works for everyone. My training as a dietitian has reinforced my underlying philosophy which respects your thoughts and opinions on what will work for you. I greatly value your insights and my approach is to work with you collaboratively to come up with solutions that we have made together. This way you feel more in charge of your health rather than being dictated to, while I am using my training and the scientific research to guide and support you in your decision making.
As a Dietitian I am trained to deliver Medical Nutrition Therapy in a wide variety of areas including
- Weight Management – Overweight and Underweight
- Eating Disorders, Body Image Issues and chronic dieting
- Vitamin and Mineral Imbalances – e.g. Anaemia, Osteoporosis, Haemochromatosis
- Food Intolerances and Allergies
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – e.g IBS, IBD, Stomach Ulcers, Gastroparesis
- Liver and Gallbladder disorders
- Pancreatic issues
- Diabetes (Type 1 and 2), Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome and PCOS
- Endocrine Disorders – e.g Thyroid and Adrenal disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease – High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Atherosclerosis
- Lung and Pulmonary diseases – e.g. Asthma, COPD, Pneumonia, Lung Cancer
- Renal disease
- Cancer prevention, through treatment and survivorship
- Management of HIV and AIDS
- Rheumatic Disease – eg Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, SLE
- Mood and Cognitive Disorders – e.g. Depression, Anxiety, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Paediatric Nutrition – e.g. Fussy eating, ADHD, Autism
While dietary change can be difficult, my approach is to initially understand as much as I can about you, your lifestyle and your current diet so that together we can discuss what changes you feel you can or want to make.
Let’s Work Together!
I work at:
Colour City Medical Practice
71 Dalton St, Orange
Ph: 6360 2388, Mob: 0438 633 038
Fri: 8:30 – 11:30
Tues, Thurs and Sat by Request
Books, Resources, Blogs and More
I do lots of reading. And I’m connected to people through forums throughout the world who do lots of reading. On this page you’ll find a list of the best Nutrition resources to inspire and expand your thinking.