Do you live with a health condition that requires you to change your eating? Do you have food intolerances, IBS, coeliac disease or unexplained symptoms like eczema, headaches or sinus and you suspect food might be a cause? Has your doctor or another health professional told you that changing your diet would help you manage a chronic health condition? Or do you simply want to feel more energised, improve your mood, sleep or perhaps lower your cholesterol along the way? There are so many reasons why you might want to see a dietitian – with weight loss being another another that many name.
My philosophy is based on healthy eating principles that supports you to eat intuitively, while focusing on self-care, self-compassion and nourishing your body in every way.
Client-centred, collaborative Nutrition Services
Because everyone is an individual and no two lives or households are the same, there is not 1 diet or diet plan that works for everyone. In fact, I don’t really believe in diets – I just believe in small, sustainable, realistic changes that you believe you can achieve. And for each person, those changes will be different.
My training as a dietitian has reinforced my underlying philosophy which respects your thoughts and opinions on what will work for you. I greatly value your insights and my approach is to work with you collaboratively to come up with solutions that we have made together. This way you feel more in charge of your health rather than being dictated to, while I am using my training and the scientific research to guide and support you in your decision making.
As a Dietitian I am trained in a wide variety of areas including
- Weight Management – Overweight and Underweight
- Eating Disorders, Body Image Issues and chronic dieting
- Vitamin and Mineral Imbalances – e.g. Anaemia, Osteoporosis, Haemochromatosis
- Food Intolerances and Allergies
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – e.g IBS, IBD, Stomach Ulcers, Gastroparesis
- Liver and Gallbladder disorders
- Pancreatic issues
- Diabetes (Type 1 and 2), Metabolic Syndrome and PCOS
- Endocrine Disorders – e.g Thyroid and Adrenal disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease – High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Atherosclerosis
- Lung and Pulmonary diseases – e.g. Asthma, COPD, Pneumonia, Lung Cancer
- Renal disease
- Cancer prevention, through treatment and survivorship
- Management of HIV and AIDS
- Rheumatic Disease – eg Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, SLE
- Mood and Cognitive Disorders – e.g. Depression, Anxiety, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Paediatric Nutrition – e.g. Fussy eating, ADHD, Autism
Change can be hard! So my approach is to understand as much as I can about you, your lifestyle and your current diet so that together we can come up with a plan that will work for you.
Let’s Work Together!
I work at:
Colour City Medical Practice
71 Dalton St, Orange
Ph: 6360 2388, Mob: 0438 633 038
Dubbo Specialist and Rehabilitation Centre
205 Darling St, Dubbo
Ph: 6885 1696, Mob: 0438 633 038
Appointments – Orange
Colour City Medical Practice
Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Alternate Saturdays 9:00am-1:00pm
Tuesdays By Request
Appointments – Dubbo
Dubbo Specialist and Rehabilitation Centre Ph: 6885 1696
While online bookings are being configured, please feel free to call me Directly on 0438 633 038 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise an appointment
Books, Resources, Blogs and More
I do lots of reading. And I’m connected to people through forums throughout the world who do lots of reading. On this page you’ll find a list of the best Nutrition resources to inspire and expand your thinking.